The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M Lenses on anything other then a Leica

m_driscoll

Let's start a thread for photos with M lenses on any camera body, other then a Leica. If you're using your M-mount lens on a Ricoh GXR, or Sony Nex, body then it'd be fun to see the results. The Leica, or other M-mount, lenses are the constant. I don't have anything to post, yet, but Ashwin does!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

Great idea....I'll post something...GXR & M mount....if this takes off, I'll keep posting here with GXR shots...

APO-Telyt

35 lux FLE

50 C-Sonnar T

Braeside

Good idea Matt, and great start Ashwin! I have commented on that throw in photo before, love it!

15mm CV on GXR (Is it OK to post CV lens pictures here?)

OK a couple with a LEICA 28 elmarit wide open

Last edited:

m_driscoll

My adapter came today (not a very good one; Novoflex one's are scarce; Voigtlander's on the way). Peet's, The Goodwill Store, and QFC. Thanks for looking.

1. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/100s; ISO 100

2. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/80s; ISO 100

3. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/60s; ISO 125

4. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/60s; ISO 500

5. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/60s; ISO 250

6. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 35mm f/2; 1/60s; ISO 125

Cheers, Matt

Braeside

David: These are really great! I think 'M-Mount' is the defining factor. The IQ and composition of the landscape is stunning. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio./com

Thanks Matt, you are too kind.

The landscape for those that do not recognise the iconic landmark, is the Forth Railway Bridge taken from North Queensferry in Fife. It is at long last nearly free of its scaffolding and encapsulation as the huge paintwork exercise is nearing completion.

ashwinrao1

Wow, Matt. Fantastic pics...The NEX 5N looks solid. Steve and I had written back and forth that the microcontrast, to his eyes, was better for the Ricoh than the NEX. Always hard to tell on websized shots, but your images, macroscopically, are wonderful and really show the unique character that is Leica, particularly the value-village/goodwill capture with the hangers....

So are the NEX 7 and GXR in your future? ;)....

m_driscoll

Shooting from the "hip" (looking down at the tilt-up LCD). I kept inadvertently hitting the video button (maybe it can be disabled), and, somehow changed the exposure compensation (#4-7)?

1. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/1250s @ f/1.4; ISO 100

2. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/80s @ f/1.4; ISO 100

3. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/60s @ f/1.4; ISO 125

4. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/640s @ f/1.4; -3 EV (?); ISO 100

5. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/1600s @ f/1.4; -3 EV (?); ISO 100

6. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/400s @ f/1.4; -3 EV (?); ISO 100

7. Sony NEX 5N; Leica 50mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/1.4; -3 EV (?); ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Ash, Dan, David,Matt, All Terrific Images With Excellent IQ! Im Waiting On The Nex-7 To To Put My Foot In The Water. :)

seakayaker

Eastlake P-Patch ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/800 -- 9cm

Daises

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f4 with Extension Tube -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/125

Brian S

1935 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5, converted to LTM using J-3 mount, LTM-M adapter, M-mount to u43, On the Olympus EP2. Wide-Open.

At F4:

Nikkor 5cm F1.4 LTM, on the EP2. Makes use of 18" close-focus.

At F4: