The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M Lenses on anything other then a Leica

m_driscoll

I maintain and contend that the Ricoh GXR is no slouch, despite is 1 MP EVF....Truth be told, I adore the images coming from this lens/sensor combo. All shots here with either the 135 APO-Telyt (eff 200 mm) and the Zeiss Sonnar 50 mm f/1.5 (eff 75 mm)

UW's starting QB - Keith Price (outstanding QB, by the way)
3)

UW's backup QB: Nick Montana (Joe's son)
2)

Swarming Defense, lead by Cort Dennison:

The Running Game, lead by Chris Polk
1)

Colorado's kicker...
10)

Cant forget about the refs
Ashwin: These are great! Definitely, "no slouch" in the right hands. Color and IQ's excellent. You went to the game and you weren't even working. Any odd looks from the 'big gear' photogs? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rsolti13

Ashwin - unreal shots with the GXR! What a combo. Is it easier focusing the 135 on the GXR opposed to the M9?

Matt - nice shots. The 90 Summarit works great on the NEX-5N. I am using it more on the NEX than I did on the M9

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Ryan, Matt and Steve!

Ryan, I do feel that the 135 is easier to use (for me) on the GXR, due to not having to deal with a very small focus patch area....the 135 is really a joy to use on the GXR...one of my "go to" lenses for that system! Thanks again!

m_driscoll

More flowers...less noir.

1. Sony NEX 5N; Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5; 1/400s; ISO 100

2. Sony NEX 5N; Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5; 1/250s; ISO 100

3. Sony NEX 5N; Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5; 1/250s; ISO 100

4. Sony NEX 5N; Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5; 1/125s; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

retow

Lots of great shots here, inspiring me to get a GXR-M as well. My first few with the 35mm f3.5 Perar.

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice pictures, Retow. Are these jpegs directly from the camera? I have this lens too and find the colors very vibrant.

Keith

retow

Nice pictures, Retow. Are these jpegs directly from the camera? I have this lens too and find the colors very vibrant.

Keith
Keith, I shot raw&normal size jpegs set to "vivid". The posted ones are jpegs, with simple conversions into b&w in iphoto. The colors with the Perar are vibrant indeed. Love this lens on the GXR, more so than on the M9.

Last edited:

shtarka1

Ryan, What A Super Sweet Family! Great Job!

Matt, More Stunning, Painterly Images That Jump Off The Screen!

Retow, Excellent IQ & Street!

jonoslack

Excellent shots everyone -

Hah! now I can play as well
Here are some shots with the Sony NEX5n together with Hawks helicoid adaptor and the 50 'lux Asph - mostly shot at f4

m_driscoll

Ryan, What A Super Sweet Family! Great Job!
Matt, More Stunning, Painterly Images That Jump Off The Screen!
Retow, Excellent IQ & Street!
Steve: Thanks! :D
Ryan/Retow: Guys, +!! :thumbs:

Excellent shots everyone -

Hah! now I can play as well
Here are some shots with the Sony NEX5n together with Hawks helicoid adaptor and the 50 'lux Asph - mostly shot at f4

Jono: Great! Actually this one is my favorite. I like the tension and imbalance. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

jonoslack

Steve: Thanks! :D
Ryan/Retow: Guys, +!! :thumbs:

Jono: Great! Actually this one is my favorite. I like the tension and imbalance. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Imbalance! it's my speciality :)
. . . . and that's a nice balanced bum in your last shot

Here are a couple with the NEX 5n and the 35 Summarit with the Hawks helicoid adaptor for close focus (apologies for duplicate posting).

m_driscoll

Imbalance! it's my speciality :)
. . . . and that's a nice balanced bum in your last shot
Here are a couple with the NEX 5n and the 35 Summarit with the Hawks helicoid adaptor for close focus (apologies for duplicate posting).
Jono: Thanks! :D Cool photos. :thumbup: Also, thanks for the link. I don't think that the right adapter is listed? Enjoying your photos, though.

Cheers, Matt