The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM lens review

Double Negative

Not Available
FYI, just posted today - the Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM lens review

"A simply stunning lens by any measure - capable of extremely high resolution, with practically no distortion and fabulous rendering. This focal length is about as wide as you can go without resorting to an external viewfinder on most bodies and makes a great 35mm equivalent on the M8."

Enjoy, everyone! :)

In case you missed it, these other ZMs were previously reviewed:

Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM
Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM

More on the way...

mathomas

Nicely done! It's my semi-wide of choice on my M8, and almost general-purpose, if the light is good.

jtwloh

This review has been really helpful for me, as I am using an M8.

I am at the moment considering both the ZM 25mm and 28mm, one of the concerns is on which frameline it will bring up. But your review has described it clearly, so this is really helpful.

Thanks and I enjoy reading it.

Justin.

Double Negative

Not Available
Really glad you guys liked it, and even better that it helped! :)

The 2,8/25 and the M8 are a match made in heaven, IMO. Easily my favorite lens on the M8. On the M9 less so, but only because of the focal length.

Double Negative

Not Available
my problem with the 25 in the m8 was that I always chose the 21 and never used it much
True, it depends entirely on your preference in focal lengths. I liked it on the M8 because I could just use the entire VF for framing. No need for an external VF (which I generally don't care for).