The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summaron 35 / a toast to old lenses

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Say cheescake and look out Irakly! Love the classic 40's look from the lens and the processing Helen --- very nice.

:thumbs:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tres chic!
great effect with that processing, also the crop is interesting, although one I would not have tried (probably)
-bob

helenhill

Cool ...Thank You Jack,Bob & Ed

I'm looking forward to shooting this weekend with this lens & an old summarit 50/1.5
just to see the differences in 'Atmosphere'

best to You- H

A

Artorius

Love the look

Reminds me of my Dad's shots while in Japan in the late 50's and early 60's. The colors, and crop are almost a double to his style.
Good work. When can we see more?

helenhill

Terry...(miss you T)
Mike
& Art
Thanks for looking & your kind words :cool:-H

might go to Coney Island this weekend so will post more pixs

helenhill

Reflections on the Street....I do LOVE this lens
Tiny & Sweeet ....Beautiful Sense of Tones
Anyone have any Summaron Shots to Add ? Best-H

helenhill

This shot is obviously Off ...Too dark for this slow lens in
Catching Their Kiss but i shall file this under 'artsy noise'
Cheers- H :D

helenhill

Say cheescake and look out Irakly! :thumbs:
Well Irakly I'm giving you some competition in the self portrait realm.... :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Thanx Jim & Charles....
and Charles I love the old 35 elmar
they draw quite differently , very sharp & with dominant B&W tones
harder edge but i think I might be heading in that direction (bad for portraits though better for the nitty,griity of life)

Best to All....:) Helen

gero

I like to think of miself more as a lens colector than an adict. When I was small I had a grate colection of matches that my brother used to diminish to lightup his cigarret's. Now you have me thinking of the 35elmar.

Last edited:

gero

it is more AND than OR.

35/3.5 , 35/2.8 , 35/2 , 35/1.4 & ? you go forwad in time as the lens has more light.

I am starting to sound like Einstein.

Last edited: