The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

35mm summicron VI

A

a_summarita

some shots over the weekend :p (is it me or 'cron consistently has better sharpness at f2 than 'lux?)

SYGTAFOTO

I believe the proper Roman numeral is "IV" which is a "4" and not "VI" which is a "6". :p
I'm not sure about the statement about sharpness.. my lux asph fle is bitingly sharp.

mjm6

Well, you can't compare an ASPH lux to a IV summicron.

I tested several luxes that were contemporary to the IV cron I had, and I found one that was sharper than the cron, so it is not categorical that the cron is sharper.

Either way, they both sure are nice. I ended up with the lux for my purposes.

W

wj.imhere

love the photos ,
i got the IV too , but the color seems not as good as yours
black and white is superb

about cron and lux ,
the sharpness for lux is a bit shaper i guess

LCT

Those pics don't seem to come from a 35/2 IV at f/2. My vote would go for a smaller aperture or a 35/2 asph instead.

A

a_summarita

Jan: Yea m8 :)
LCT: it is the bokeh king, 35/2 per-asph IV.
wj.imhere: dont worry it's not your lens. I develop my own photoshop filters and presets and sell them online. :)
mjm6: definitely not categorical or definitive. just anecdotal experience from someone who owns a few of lux and cron :)

A

a_summarita

hmm i tried to look for the exif info on flickr and apparently saving it as a lossless png will eliminate those info. (i'm trying a new photo processing workflow).

i'm pretty sure it's f2 though as i rarely shoot in other apertures.

anyway, thanks! :)