The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Pet Peeve for the Day

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Well, I certainly can tell the difference between taking and making a photo in my own photography. I spent the last four weeks on an island in the Baltic, shooting an 8x10" portfolio of old wooden fishing boats. 25 exposures in four weeks. Lots of scouting, planning, testing compositions, timing visits to the different fishing camps with good lighting conditions. A purely contemplative, deliberate approach. Definitely in the "making" category. While there, I stayed with my brother's family, lots of social snapshots. Quite a contrast, and perhaps different terminology is warranted for.
Yep. Completely agree Lars. I laugh at even the thought of someone trying to "take" anything shooting an 8x10 :ROTFL:

jklotz

Well, I certainly can tell the difference between taking and making a photo in my own photography. I spent the last four weeks on an island in the Baltic, shooting an 8x10" portfolio of old wooden fishing boats. 25 exposures in four weeks. Lots of scouting, planning, testing compositions, timing visits to the different fishing camps with good lighting conditions. A purely contemplative, deliberate approach. Definitely in the "making" category. While there, I stayed with my brother's family, lots of social snapshots. Quite a contrast, and perhaps different terminology is warranted for.
:thumbup:

I concur!