The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica statement on SD Card compatibility

Hausen

Mine was one of those effected. Am hoping their testing resolves this issue sooner rather than later. The card I have to use makes for incredibly slow buffering.

charlesphoto

I have a feeling the buffering won't be any faster no matter what card you use unless truly ancient (the buffer is hardware and is what it is) but the ability to safely use faster cards will decrease the download time to the computer. I have never had a problem but mostly use Ultras as originally advised by Leica. But most people say there's very little difference with buffer speed between them and the highest speed available.

Brian S

The Sandisk card has problems with cameras and computers other than the Leica M9. If Leica figures out how to get around the errors in the Sandisk card, more power to them. My Sandisk card failed after using with my Win 7 HP Pavillion, used with the SDFORMAT utility from SDCARD.ORG.

The card has major problems.

250swb

Well I hope they don't try to fix my Sandisk Extreme III which has been working perfectly since day one, 24 months ago.

Steve