The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Capture One profile for M8?

jctodd

Here's a silly question I can't find an answer to. I invariably use UV-IR (486) filters on all lenses with my M8. Which CI profile should I use? The M8 or the M8 UV-IR?

I suppose it should be obvious, but it isn't clear to me whether the M8 profile is intended to have built-in correction of the IR issue, and so the UV-IR profile should be used if filtered, or vice-versa!

LCT

I see very little difference actually. With filters on, the generic profile looks very slightly warmer with a bit less contrast perhaps, that's all i could tell. With filters off, none of the Leica profiles correct the magenta problem at all: better use the Adobe DNG file neutral then.

cam

Jamie Roberts made an excellent set of profiles to use on C1 with the M8 (you can find the download here, in post #17).

whilst they were made for the camera's IR issue before the filters were available, i still use his profiles to convert my work (whether or not i have a filter on). in fact, i even use it for my M9 :p