The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B&H has a few :)

Double Negative

Not Available
Wow, still in stock - and it's been posted on a bunch of forums for a while now.

Too bad lenses don't have such an "availability factor." ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I saw that and nearly hit the button until I remembered that I can't focus worth a damn with them.
-bob

Photojazz

Goodluck finding any new lenses for it. If I didn't own one already, I probably would think twice at this point. I'd probably recommend against it based on lens availability and what it has done to the used lens market.

It's one thing for a new model lens to be hard to get, it's something entirely different when every lens in the stable is hard to get.

Double Negative

Not Available
Goodluck finding any new lenses for it. If I didn't own one already, I probably would think twice at this point. I'd probably recommend against it based on lens availability and what it has done to the used lens market.

It's one thing for a new model lens to be hard to get, it's something entirely different when every lens in the stable is hard to get.
Agreed - the situation is a bit ridiculous at this point. But sadly, Leica isn't the only one. In a large part due to all the natural disasters hitting Asia and the world economy, eveyone is now affected. Leica feels it harder because of a sharp increase in demand after the M9 while already constrained as it is. They're set to improve production now in the fall, and especially in the spring when they move to the new Wetzlar Park facility.

But yeah, good luck finding lenses. They're out there but pricey and you might have to wait a while.

Photojazz

Right, I actually got similar information, but even when the production is ramped up, the backlog of demand is huge. I have yet to buy one new lens, I have 3 M lenses, and honestly, about the only one I have seen is either ultra wide, or ultra slow, and as far as I know, you can't even find those right now. I just checked Adorama and every Leica lens was backordered. I have a 35 cron, a 90 cron (older), and a 50 CV 1.1, it gets me by, but I really want a Leica branded 1.4 mid focal length lens, whether 35 or 50, would consider 28. But it's just not there except used or such, as you know. Just frustrating. I have no problem buying used, but at inflated prices, does not please me.

Lee Love

You might check with the guys at Acephoto in VA they stock of lot of Leica stuff that I can't even find in NY. Yesterday and they had both M9's & M9Ps in stock.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Also I keep saying this buy from Camera West also he has the biggest inventory I have ever seen of used Leica gear. Sean and crew are awesome people too. Use our link to get to them.

G

gplatt

Also I keep saying this buy from Camera West also he has the biggest inventory I have ever seen of used Leica gear. Sean and crew are awesome people too. Use our link to get to them.
Where is your link for Camera West? I don't even see an email on their web site.

thanks
Guy P