Site Sponsors

Thread: B&H has a few :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exclamation B&H has a few :)

M9 P's in stock right now: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...1712/KBID/2288

Good luck!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B&H has a few :)

Still there...

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, still in stock - and it's been posted on a bunch of forums for a while now.

Too bad lenses don't have such an "availability factor."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I saw that and nearly hit the button until I remembered that I can't focus worth a damn with them.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Goodluck finding any new lenses for it. If I didn't own one already, I probably would think twice at this point. I'd probably recommend against it based on lens availability and what it has done to the used lens market.

It's one thing for a new model lens to be hard to get, it's something entirely different when every lens in the stable is hard to get.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photojazz View Post
    Goodluck finding any new lenses for it. If I didn't own one already, I probably would think twice at this point. I'd probably recommend against it based on lens availability and what it has done to the used lens market.

It's one thing for a new model lens to be hard to get, it's something entirely different when every lens in the stable is hard to get.
    Agreed - the situation is a bit ridiculous at this point. But sadly, Leica isn't the only one. In a large part due to all the natural disasters hitting Asia and the world economy, eveyone is now affected. Leica feels it harder because of a sharp increase in demand after the M9 while already constrained as it is. They're set to improve production now in the fall, and especially in the spring when they move to the new Wetzlar Park facility.

But yeah, good luck finding lenses. They're out there but pricey and you might have to wait a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, I actually got similar information, but even when the production is ramped up, the backlog of demand is huge. I have yet to buy one new lens, I have 3 M lenses, and honestly, about the only one I have seen is either ultra wide, or ultra slow, and as far as I know, you can't even find those right now. I just checked Adorama and every Leica lens was backordered. I have a 35 cron, a 90 cron (older), and a 50 CV 1.1, it gets me by, but I really want a Leica branded 1.4 mid focal length lens, whether 35 or 50, would consider 28. But it's just not there except used or such, as you know. Just frustrating. I have no problem buying used, but at inflated prices, does not please me.

Post Thanks / Like

You might check with the guys at Acephoto in VA they stock of lot of Leica stuff that I can't even find in NY. Yesterday and they had both M9's & M9Ps in stock.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yea but buying through our link supports GetDPI. Don't you love us.LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Also I keep saying this buy from Camera West also he has the biggest inventory I have ever seen of used Leica gear. Sean and crew are awesome people too. Use our link to get to them.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lee and Guy.

gplatt

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Also I keep saying this buy from Camera West also he has the biggest inventory I have ever seen of used Leica gear. Sean and crew are awesome people too. Use our link to get to them.
    Where is your link for Camera West? I don't even see an email on their web site.

thanks
    Guy P

Post Thanks / Like

Camera West contact details here.

gplatt

Quote Originally Posted by wattsy View Post
    Camera West contact details here.
    Thank you.

I guess my eye searched for something with an "@" in it and failed to find it.

Still prefer to use the sponsor link if there is one.