The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few focused/unfocused glimpses of Marrakesh

rayyan

Thanks ! I just like your pics . I'ld be proud to have shot them !!!
antphot, you are too generous with your words. I am embarrassed.

Honestly, most people could have taken similar or better images. Just by looking around.

Thank you very very much.:salute:

Lloyd

My friend, these are simply breathtaking!! Top to bottom, a visual feast. Thank you for sharing. I'm in awe.

2x2

This image from Marrakesh in Maghreb..

Maghreb? I assume you mean Medina.

Maghreb is a region in Northwest Afrika that includes five countries, Morocco being one of them.
The place in your photo is located in the Medina, the old part of Marrakech surrounded by ancient city walls and the walls of the old palace.

rayyan

Maghreb? I assume you mean Medina.

Maghreb is a region in Northwest Afrika that includes five countries, Morocco being one of them.
The place in your photo is located in the Medina, the old part of Marrakech surrounded by ancient city walls and the walls of the old palace.
First.. In Arabic, Morocco is called Maghreb. In Arabic, ' West ' is also called

Maghreb.

No, I do mean Maghreb.

In Arabic, a city is called Medina. When people refer to ' Medina' in the context

of a city in the Maghreb, they generally mean the old part to town. Although

Even in Maghreb, one can see traffic signs nowadays pointing to the ' Medina

al- Jadid ( the new city ) or the Medina ( Medina Al-Gadeem )..the part you

seem to refer to.

Indeed the image might have been taken in the ' Medina ' or ' Medina al-Gadeem ). But definitely in the Maghreb.

Thanks for stopping by and best regards.