The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Road Trip . It's COLD

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well have internet up here at 7800ft in Flagstaff. Heading out to St John's in a few minutes. Have 9 teenagers here ready to go snowboarding as soon as i get them out of here so i can go freeze my butt off only 4 degrees wakeup call. Got one early quickie off 90 summarit. This was just outside the door. Nothing special

jaapv

Subscriber Member
You Arizonans. A spot of frost and you think it is cold....:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

robsteve

Subscriber
Jaap:

You were shooting ice pictures three weeks ago:)

BTW, is the are you shoot freshwater or saltwater?

Robert

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Saltwater never freezes anymore in our country-I remember winters that we drove cars on the ice- even freshwater not any more. Global warming is really having an impact:(
I love the first shot Guy. Somehow it makes me think of Omar Sharif....

TimWright

Last year here in Montreal it was above zero at this time. Today it is -20c and we are expecting 40cm of snow tomorrow.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
On the way home from running a few errands this afternoon. Winter's unleashed its fury on the Midwest. At least you can go back to the desert Guy.

Kurt

Last edited:

harmsr

Workshop Member
We are going to have highs around 65 and lows of 35 this weekend. For those of us here in the Valley of the Sun (Metro Phoenix, AZ) that is cold. Your body gets used to the 100-110 temps and the 40-50 degree drop is a lot.

I used to live in the snow belts of the US and will never do it again. I prefer the heat.

On the other hand, I do enjoy seeing everyone's photos of the snow.

Ray

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Kurt --- I really like that image! Cold, bleak and perfectly composed.

Guy Mancuso

in the Petrified forest having lunch.Got some nice train stuff and some intersting stuff in the park. nothing in St Johns,check in later

carstenw

Last year here in Montreal it was above zero at this time. Today it is -20c and we are expecting 40cm of snow tomorrow.
Okay, but you can never count on anything in Montreal! When I was living there while working for Softimage, one day it was 1C one evening, and -40C the next morning, a 41C drop in 8 hours! Everything was as slippery as a wet mirror, and I was happy to live so close to work I could walk. Another time it was sunny and clear in the morning and when I left work in the evening, there was 1/2m of snow on the ground, and by the morning it was up to 70-80cm and the trucks were out in full force. Montreal's weather changes faster and more dramatically than anywhere else I have lived.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jack. It's less difficult to snap with one hand and drive with the other while using an M8 vs. a 1 series pro body. :D One more with the Nocti in the snow and cold. No beautiful mountains here, so you have to make due with what you have.

Kurt

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Getting a bit chilly here in Florida too. I had to wear two tee shirts when I rode my motorcycle today :)

Guy Mancuso

I will catch up with more later , running to get something to eat and maybe some night shots if not to cold for me. I'm a whiney

21mm Leica and CV12

W

workingcamera

Guy That B+W conversion for the old car is just stunning!