The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quiz night and Noctilux

jonoslack

Hi There
There's nothing quite like a Noctilux and a pub. if you're lucky enough to be in Holland it still smells of tobacco smoke and not stale beer and bodies!

I was on a business trip, but made it to the pub for a quiz - a traumatic experience as you can see.

The quizmaster was (of course) all bonhomie:

and for those who had each other to concentrate on, there wasn't too much to worry about:

For the sufferers things started bad:

But they rapidly got worse:

All shots taken with the M8 and Noctilux at 640 ISO, I can't remember the aperture, but I'd be willing to be bet that it was slower than the f0 given in the exif!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Whoa Jono, those are great, all of them ! My favourite would be the last one. Very nice Black and White work. Some day I will ask you about your preferred methods for Black and White, you know, programs, conversion methods etc.
rgds Steen .-)

helenhill

I simply ADORE shots 3 & 5
THE EUPHORIA OF THAT FIRST DRINK (SHOT 3)
AND THEN THE DOWNER OF ONE TOO MANY AND ALL THE THOGHTS THAT FOLLOW (SHOT 5)
Lovely ........ Thanks
Helen

jonoslack

Whoa Jono, those are great, all of them ! My favourite would be the last one. Very nice Black and White work. Some day I will ask you about your preferred methods for Black and White, you know, programs, conversion methods etc.
rgds Steen .-)
HI Steen
Glad you liked them . . . . . .and don't ask!
At the moment I'm using Aperture, and using the monochrome mixer, boosting the red channel in the conversion and then the contrast. It seems to work well, usually it's simply a matter of having the courage to really boost the contrast enough.

One conclusion I have come to is that every photograph seems to need a different treatment - which makes it hard to batch photos, or to set up a procedure of action to do it for you.

jonoslack

I simply ADORE shots 3 & 5
THE EUPHORIA OF THAT FIRST DRINK (SHOT 3)
AND THEN THE DOWNER OF ONE TOO MANY AND ALL THE THOGHTS THAT FOLLOW (SHOT 5)
Lovely ........ Thanks
Helen
HI Helen
Thank you, I thought so too, mind you, the truth is that the poor guy just quite remember the name of the capital of Uzbekistan!