The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Satisfaction

James

Workshop Member
What would it take to satisfy your needs and curiosity? (Camera Wise)...
At least in the short term...
Keeping in mind that if you got what you wanted you would have to buy one...
Zum wohl... James

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I would like to satisfy my curiosity regarding the rumored 0.95 Nocti and the 1.4 wides.

Other wise I'm set when it come to Leica stuff.

James

Workshop Member
Everyone must be entirely satisfied... That's good to hear...
One must think out of the box...

4season

I'll want to know whether I can afford the next R-camera or whether I'm getting a Nikon D700 instead. Hints along the lines of "You might want to save around $xxxx" will be fine. Thanks for the CD case BTW!

Last edited:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
You know James, actually I am pretty well satisfied right where I am at the moment Leica wise. Yea, would be great to finally find out if the collection of R glass in my vault is destined for nothing more than expensive paperweights, but I don't have the cash at the moment to buy any new R body if they released it for sale tomorrow. Bank already turned down the cat and two dogs as collateral, so no loan going to happen either. Actually kind of liberating really, when you get right down to it. No cash, no desire to paw over yet another spec sheet trying to decide what to buy next. Instead, I can just focus my time on making beautiful photographs <Grin>.

James

Workshop Member
I believe you have the right attitude...
Making beautiful Photographs is what it's all about...
Enjoy, I know I do... If I was only better at it... James

You know James, actually I am pretty well satisfied right where I am at the moment Leica wise. Yea, would be great to finally find out if the collection of R glass in my vault is destined for nothing more than expensive paperweights, but I don't have the cash at the moment to buy any new R body if they released it for sale tomorrow. Bank already turned down the cat and two dogs as collateral, so no loan going to happen either. Actually kind of liberating really, when you get right down to it. No cash, no desire to paw over yet another spec sheet trying to decide what to buy next. Instead, I can just focus my time on making beautiful photographs <Grin>.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jim:

I assume you mean Leica-wise?

On that, I am pretty happy with my M system as is; though I would like faster frame-rates, higher ISO and a wider finder that worked for the 21, only an effective 28 so it could be done. I like the added support for SDHC and improved (quieter) shutter, but it's not likely I will be paying the piper to upgrade my current M8-1's or buying any M8-2's --- the cost of entry is too heavy for the gain :).

Cheers,

hdrmd

Better quality at higher ASA. And an expansion of the finder to accommodate the 21( no external finder). DR

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
A DMR successor with true R mount, i.e. a new DSLR that takes R lenses without the need of an adapter.
And of course - as Doug the Wildlightphoto Herr uses to remind us and Leica about - with a viewfinder of SL quality !
After all it's the single most important part of a DSLR, because without a fabulous viewfinder the camera only works well in auto everything mode.
This camera is the only thing I really wish for in 2009 :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
There is no such thing as satisfied with any system. There are a lot of compromises and that is just something you learn to deal with. Pick your poison