Site Sponsors

Thread: Satisfaction

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Satisfaction

What would it take to satisfy your needs and curiosity? (Camera Wise)...
    At least in the short term...
    Keeping in mind that if you got what you wanted you would have to buy one...
    Zum wohl... James

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Satisfaction

I would like to satisfy my curiosity regarding the rumored 0.95 Nocti and the 1.4 wides.

Other wise I'm set when it come to Leica stuff.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Everyone must be entirely satisfied... That's good to hear...
    One must think out of the box...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll want to know whether I can afford the next R-camera or whether I'm getting a Nikon D700 instead. Hints along the lines of "You might want to save around $xxxx" will be fine. Thanks for the CD case BTW!
    Last edited by 4season; 12th September 2008 at 14:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You know James, actually I am pretty well satisfied right where I am at the moment Leica wise. Yea, would be great to finally find out if the collection of R glass in my vault is destined for nothing more than expensive paperweights, but I don't have the cash at the moment to buy any new R body if they released it for sale tomorrow. Bank already turned down the cat and two dogs as collateral, so no loan going to happen either. Actually kind of liberating really, when you get right down to it. No cash, no desire to paw over yet another spec sheet trying to decide what to buy next. Instead, I can just focus my time on making beautiful photographs <Grin>.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I believe you have the right attitude...
    Making beautiful Photographs is what it's all about...
    Enjoy, I know I do... If I was only better at it... James

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
    You know James, actually I am pretty well satisfied right where I am at the moment Leica wise. Yea, would be great to finally find out if the collection of R glass in my vault is destined for nothing more than expensive paperweights, but I don't have the cash at the moment to buy any new R body if they released it for sale tomorrow. Bank already turned down the cat and two dogs as collateral, so no loan going to happen either. Actually kind of liberating really, when you get right down to it. No cash, no desire to paw over yet another spec sheet trying to decide what to buy next. Instead, I can just focus my time on making beautiful photographs <Grin>.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jim:

I assume you mean Leica-wise?

On that, I am pretty happy with my M system as is; though I would like faster frame-rates, higher ISO and a wider finder that worked for the 21, only an effective 28 so it could be done. I like the added support for SDHC and improved (quieter) shutter, but it's not likely I will be paying the piper to upgrade my current M8-1's or buying any M8-2's --- the cost of entry is too heavy for the gain .

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Better quality at higher ASA. And an expansion of the finder to accommodate the 21( no external finder). DR

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A DMR successor with true R mount, i.e. a new DSLR that takes R lenses without the need of an adapter.
    And of course - as Doug the Wildlightphoto Herr uses to remind us and Leica about - with a viewfinder of SL quality !
    After all it's the single most important part of a DSLR, because without a fabulous viewfinder the camera only works well in auto everything mode.
    This camera is the only thing I really wish for in 2009

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There is no such thing as satisfied with any system. There are a lot of compromises and that is just something you learn to deal with. Pick your poison
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com