The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Nocti rumor...

Stuart Richardson

I think Parmesan cheese smells bad! It must be why I can shoot with voigtlander lenses and Leica lenses in the same bag and not feel uncomfortable.

M

Mango

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkase

"... Often served as an appetiser or as a snack with Apfelwein, it is traditionally topped with chopped onions, locally known as "Handkäse mit Musik" (literally: Handkäse with music) - so called because of the sound of the resulting flatulence. ..."

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What the hell where we thinking.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

hey when you see Stefan give him my regards but next time we pick the restaurant. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

R

roberth

so how do you focus a 21 lux and see the view of it at the same time?

BTW, no M8 accredited repairers in Australia so my M8 has to go to Germany just to have its rangefinder focus adjusted, it is out both vertically and in distance. Even so they have people that will do M6 and M7 they will not do M8. :(

Stuart Richardson

so how do you focus a 21 lux and see the view of it at the same time?

BTW, no M8 accredited repairers in Australia so my M8 has to go to Germany just to have its rangefinder focus adjusted, it is out both vertically and in distance. Even so they have people that will do M6 and M7 they will not do M8. :(
That's ridiculous. Why don't you just have one of them do it? Rangefinder adjustment should not really cost very much and it is no different on the M8 than it is on the M7. It is probably worth it to just save yourself the hassle and have someone do it locally. Not to mention that the shipping process may knock it out of alignment again.

Stuart Richardson

That's interesting 2.2% distortion on the 24/1.4 and 2.3% on the 21mm (the 25mm biogon ZM is around 1%)...low vignetting as well. The 24/1.4 looks smaller too, which is a good thing. All in all it looks like Leica is playing well on what they are good at -- high quality, fast lenses.