The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need HELP with M9

Moonshine

I recently noticed that my LCD screen (which is set to review pics in b&w) is showing the pics with patches of red and blue. But they are fine when I upload them. What does this mean??

Thanks in advance.

sirimiri

It's precisely what thrice and hunghang have said: you have your playback options set to include clipping of both highlights and shadows.

Personally, I would leave them on, especially the highlights as the M9's sensor really does have a few "oh, bother" moments with regards to highlights.

Why do you have the camera set to pump out B+W JPGs, if I may ask? The camera comes with Adobe Lightroom, which will do a far better, more flexible job with RAW to BW conversions, than the M9 could ever do.

I'm not criticizing, I'm trying to understand your motivation and subsequent choice "flowchart" so that we may all help you.

To turn off the clipping options, press "MENU" and scroll down to the "Histogram" category.

Press set, then scroll down to "Clipping" where you can set the options for

"Off"
"Overexposure only"
"Over / underexposure"

Note how there's no "underexposure only" option ;-) The M9's sensor is a shadow-lifting beast, really.

Last edited:

Moonshine

thanks i'm about to change the settings.
@sirimiri: i have it set to b&w on the lcd is because it helps me learn to see what the images will look like in b&W as i'm a new to photography in general. Someone on this forum recommended that which is why i'm trying it out. When i bought my m9 which was recently it came without lightroom so i'm thinking of getting Aperture as right now all i'm using is iPhoto. What do u suggest?