Site Sponsors

Thread: Need HELP with M9

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Need HELP with M9

I recently noticed that my LCD screen (which is set to review pics in b&w) is showing the pics with patches of red and blue. But they are fine when I upload them. What does this mean??

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need HELP with M9

clipping warnings enabled?

Post Thanks / Like

Your highlights are blown and your shadows are black.

Post Thanks / Like

It's precisely what thrice and hunghang have said: you have your playback options set to include clipping of both highlights and shadows.

Personally, I would leave them on, especially the highlights as the M9's sensor really does have a few "oh, bother" moments with regards to highlights.

Why do you have the camera set to pump out B+W JPGs, if I may ask? The camera comes with Adobe Lightroom, which will do a far better, more flexible job with RAW to BW conversions, than the M9 could ever do.

I'm not criticizing, I'm trying to understand your motivation and subsequent choice "flowchart" so that we may all help you.

To turn off the clipping options, press "MENU" and scroll down to the "Histogram" category.

Press set, then scroll down to "Clipping" where you can set the options for

"Off"
    "Overexposure only"
    "Over / underexposure"

Note how there's no "underexposure only" option ;-) The M9's sensor is a shadow-lifting beast, really.
    Last edited by sirimiri; 20th November 2011 at 19:04. Reason: (like, uh...grammer [sic] 'n' stuff)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thanks i'm about to change the settings.
    @sirimiri: i have it set to b&w on the lcd is because it helps me learn to see what the images will look like in b&W as i'm a new to photography in general. Someone on this forum recommended that which is why i'm trying it out. When i bought my m9 which was recently it came without lightroom so i'm thinking of getting Aperture as right now all i'm using is iPhoto. What do u suggest?