The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Excellent Leica Warranty Experience

stephengilbert

I sent my M8 to New Jersey for repair of an on/off switch glitch. The camera wouldn't "wake up" when turned on; it required the shutter to be depressed to do so. As the warranty will run out in a few months, I thought I'd better get it fixed now, fearing that it would stop working altogether as soon as the warranty expired.

Leica got the camera on August 22 and I got it back today, September 10. They had it a total of six working days. According to the repair slip, they did the following: "repair circuit board, upgrade to current standard, check and adjust for good working order, replaced PCB, CCD adjustment, adj shutter speed & light adj OK, R/F OK, CCD cleaned."

No need to screw up my Cameraleather covering, and the switch works, too.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I sent my M8 to New Jersey for repair of an on/off switch glitch. The camera wouldn't "wake up" when turned on; it required the shutter to be depressed to do so. As the warranty will run out in a few months, I thought I'd better get it fixed now, fearing that it would stop working altogether as soon as the warranty expired.

Leica got the camera on August 22 and I got it back today, September 10. They had it a total of six working days. According to the repair slip, they did the following: "repair circuit board, upgrade to current standard, check and adjust for good working order, replaced PCB, CCD adjustment, adj shutter speed & light adj OK, R/F OK, CCD cleaned."

No need to screw up my Cameraleather covering, and the switch works, too.
Thats certainly good news. Turnaround of less than a month takes the sting out of any repair experience . Sounds like the changes in NJ are starting to pay off.