Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is RFF down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Is RFF down?

so many people with a hard on for rff...

maybe if you had invested time and energy in making it a better place...
    most of the hard asses are the ones who have been banned or had a run in with stephen...kick 'em when hes down...class acts all!

as far as horses in the race...some, i think, are not so sincere and just might be happy about all this...maybe their sites will gain some action now...more power to you and i hope you drag all these lovely positive folks with you.

the net just sucks some days...

Post Thanks / Like

To me, RFF is the most interesting photography forum, bar none.

I was banned within about 48 hours of joining, having to do with offering to change someone's diapers-- but i begged forgiveness etc and have enjoyed the place immensely ever since

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the revenue generated for a site- hard to see why anyone would put up with the headache of running the site, let alone some of the trouble-makers that visit the site. Stephen runs a business, but has a true love of rangefinder cameras. Gotta be the only reason that he does it.

I like tinkering with cameras, and posting DIY for others.

One thing for sure- the lenses that I worked on go for a lot more on this forum than what I put them up for at RFF.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a member of RFF for over four years, and visit it regularly. I also support the site with classified advertising and also brought on-going sponsor advertising to Stephen. I stated that it would be a shame if the valuable information there was lost. I support RFF, i just don't understand how or why it takes 8 days to put up a notice for members, let alone getting the site back up. This is internet 2011, not 1993.

Stephen goes to the trouble of RFF because it's a great ad vehicle for Cameraquest, and for this reason alone it makes no sense that the site was mis-managed (whatever the reason) to be dead this long.

This thread would not be here, if people didn't care about it! And I'm glad to see it has piqued the interest of possible new members.

Just my 2 centavos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I also have been an RFF member for a few years... the Classifieds are Tops, and I have sold and bought many things there. The thing I like most though, is the long winded and interesting photography discussions.

RFF has much more "Topic" partiapation then any photography related site to date... I Exclude DPR because those topics turn into Gear Wars with personal insults in every other post, once it gets stated...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Hey, RFF being down has been good for La Vida Leica!
    Yes indeed.....and partly as a result of this thread, I'm one of your newest members!

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am waiting for my 2nd email so I can log in...
    (Gman)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    If you look at the revenue generated for a site- hard to see why anyone would put up with the headache of running the site, let alone some of the trouble-makers that visit the site. Stephen runs a business, but has a true love of rangefinder cameras. Gotta be the only reason that he does it.

I like tinkering with cameras, and posting DIY for others.

One thing for sure- the lenses that I worked on go for a lot more on this forum than what I put them up for at RFF.
    You are one of the great assets of RFF---and there are many. Even a pig headed fellow like me has learned so much--and continues to learn every time I go back.

I've had one pre-concieved notion after the next stripped away at RFF. That last long thread on M9 durability was fantastic--with the links to "645 days" or however many--I can't look it up, darn it!

I don't have an M9 yet--and may never be able to swing it, but I do have a 28/2 summicron on the way

anyway, here's hoping that fantastic resource recovers soon!

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much BS in this thread, I don't even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by back alley View Post
    It sure does.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Yes indeed.....and partly as a result of this thread, I'm one of your newest members!
    Quote Originally Posted by M5-Guy View Post
    I am waiting for my 2nd email so I can log in...
    (Gman)
    Just approved you guys - welcome aboard!

JamesH

I've had my share of disagreements with the mods and admin at RFF, but geez, you guys really like to kick a guy when he's down eh?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Each site has its own feel. Its vibes.

I like RFF. Just as I like it here. They are different, but I have learnt a lot from

my participation in these two sites.

I do notice, however, that some of the ll feeling expressed towards RFF comes

from those that have been banned on that site and from other sites too!

And I know the reasons also. And they know who they are and why?

Must say something about the person/s concerned, rather than the sites per se.

Post Thanks / Like

This forum has better smilies than RFF

But I for one will be happy when RFF is back up and running

RFF is not perfect (no forum is), but its the forum I enjoy visiting most, and it has a critical mass that makes it interesting to check often. Hopefully it still retains that critical mass once it is back up and running.

I'm already a member on a handful of photography forums including this one, so I wont be signing up to any new ones

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by back alley View Post
    so many people with a hard on for rff...

maybe if you had invested time and energy in making it a better place...
    most of the hard asses are the ones who have been banned or had a run in with stephen...kick 'em when hes down...class acts all!

as far as horses in the race...some, i think, are not so sincere and just might be happy about all this...maybe their sites will gain some action now...more power to you and i hope you drag all these lovely positive folks with you.

Don't take this personally, Joe - as I like you, and RFF. Nobody's happy to see it down, not even me as you imply. It's a great resource.

But you have to wonder, at least a little - why there are SO many people that have had "run-ins with Stephen and/or the mods." Your attitude above doesn't exactly help.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

RFF used to be a good place then slowly things changed. The TOS should apply to the moderators as well as the members. I think RFF is a great resource and it certainly has some very informed members, but the attitude of the moderators does not help it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had an issue with any mods at RFF... and I'm not exactly the nicest person. What type of stuff are you guys doing in order to have these run-ins?

Post Thanks / Like

In the last 24 hours, This thread has more posts in it placed than all of the other threads in the Getdpi Leica Forum combined. And I placed a number of those posts, which included images as examples. is there a rule against that practice like at LUF?

On RFF, we get about 4 pages of threads with new posts in it during the same period.

As far as using this forum to complain about the RFF Mods- how insulting to Getdpi.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Have to agree Brian . Thread is closed.

I'm sure RFF has been having some tech issues and will be back up. As far as complaining about mods on other forums to me its disrespectful and GetDPI staff wants nothing to do with that. Not our style, sorry to the RFF folks I did not catch this earlier. Guy
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com