The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is RFF down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesH

I've had my share of disagreements with the mods and admin at RFF, but geez, you guys really like to kick a guy when he's down eh?

rayyan

Each site has its own feel. Its vibes.

I like RFF. Just as I like it here. They are different, but I have learnt a lot from

my participation in these two sites.

I do notice, however, that some of the ll feeling expressed towards RFF comes

from those that have been banned on that site and from other sites too!

And I know the reasons also. And they know who they are and why?

Must say something about the person/s concerned, rather than the sites per se.

jonmanjiro

This forum has better smilies than RFF :ROTFL::salute::deadhorse:

But I for one will be happy when RFF is back up and running :)

RFF is not perfect (no forum is), but its the forum I enjoy visiting most, and it has a critical mass that makes it interesting to check often. Hopefully it still retains that critical mass once it is back up and running.

I'm already a member on a handful of photography forums including this one, so I wont be signing up to any new ones :poke::p:LOL:

Double Negative

Not Available
so many people with a hard on for rff...

maybe if you had invested time and energy in making it a better place...
most of the hard asses are the ones who have been banned or had a run in with stephen...kick 'em when hes down...class acts all!

as far as horses in the race...some, i think, are not so sincere and just might be happy about all this...maybe their sites will gain some action now...more power to you and i hope you drag all these lovely positive folks with you.

the net just sucks some days...
Don't take this personally, Joe - as I like you, and RFF. Nobody's happy to see it down, not even me as you imply. It's a great resource.

But you have to wonder, at least a little - why there are SO many people that have had "run-ins with Stephen and/or the mods." Your attitude above doesn't exactly help. ;)

Shashin

RFF used to be a good place then slowly things changed. The TOS should apply to the moderators as well as the members. I think RFF is a great resource and it certainly has some very informed members, but the attitude of the moderators does not help it.

JSRockit

I've never had an issue with any mods at RFF... and I'm not exactly the nicest person. What type of stuff are you guys doing in order to have these run-ins?

Brian S

In the last 24 hours, This thread has more posts in it placed than all of the other threads in the Getdpi Leica Forum combined. And I placed a number of those posts, which included images as examples. is there a rule against that practice like at LUF?

On RFF, we get about 4 pages of threads with new posts in it during the same period.

As far as using this forum to complain about the RFF Mods- how insulting to Getdpi.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have to agree Brian . Thread is closed.

I'm sure RFF has been having some tech issues and will be back up. As far as complaining about mods on other forums to me its disrespectful and GetDPI staff wants nothing to do with that. Not our style, sorry to the RFF folks I did not catch this earlier. Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.