The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best place to pre-order the new 35mm Summilux?

Amin

My brother has the M9P and 35mm Summicron ASPH. He wants the Summilux, which is sold out everywhere. Is there somewhere he can pre-order that now and expect to get it at some point? What's the best way to get one of those other than paying way above list price for a used one? He actually doesn't want to buy used regardless of price.

ramosa

Popflash is worth a try, too. All of my new Leica gear has come from them. Highly dependable seller.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
+1 for Dale Photo.
Camera West is also a good place to deal with.
I've dealt with both for years, and always pleased.

250swb

Wherever your nearest official Leica Dealer is would be the answer.

You can cast around on the internet web shopping and putting in orders for lenses until you are blue in the face, but when a new batch of lenses is available all the dealers get some at the same time. The advantage of a local dealer is that not only will they take you seriously and not want to charge deposits etc, but should the worst happen and the goods need to go back to Solms for repair etc, they will do it all for you. This alone saves a fortune in insured postage either to Solms direct or possibly across states to Leica NJ or the supplying dealer etc.

Steve

monza

Amin, I put you on my list. No problem if you find one earlier, there is always someone next on the list... ;)

iiiNelson

+1 for Robert... He's pretty much the man and I will "+1000" that once my 50 Summilux comes in. LOL