The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 49mm UV/IR filter

robsteve

Subscriber
Anybody get a new 49mm Leica UV/IR filter lately? I had one just arrive and it seems to be multicoated like the lenses. It is definately different than my Other two Leica UV/IR filters. The multicoating looks like that used on the the Canadian lenses such as the Noctilux or 75mm Summilux.

I am going to give it a try in the WATE filter holder to see if this coating has affected the cyan correction.

Robert

TimWright

I just picked up one yesterday. When I look at it side by side under over head lights the one from my 28 reflects kind of blueish purple, the 49 has a yellowish orange reflection. I can't try it on a lens as I am still waiting for my Militch adapter for my wate.

D

Digital Dude

Does anyone know if this is peculiar to the 49mm or maybe it’s a different design with all new Leica UV/IR filters? Just curious since I recently ordered my freebie filters.
Regards,