The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 Sensor issue. Anyone seen this before?

B

Bettcherphoto

Hello All-
I am currently in Kigali, Rwanda on a shoot and have been having intermittent issues with my M9. In random images- shooting Raw and JPEG at the same time, I get a top left quadrant of inverted colors. I will try to post a sample image. After a few (6-10) images, the problem goes away. Anyone seen this? Any advice?
Thanks in advance!
~Adam Bettcher
[email protected]

V

Vivek

Not sure if this would be of much help, Adam.

Try to clean the SD card slot (dust blower) and keep the contacts of your SD cards clean.

It is terrible when equipment fails, especially while far away and in most interesting places.

Good luck!

Brian S

That is bizarre! It looks digital-electronics in origin.

1) does it happen in both the RAW and JPEG image?

2) does it happen when you shoot in RAW only or JPEG only?

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
If it's sporadic it's probably the SD card. If it's highly repeatable it's unfortunately probably the camera. (Like a bad buffer RAM chip.)

250swb

If it had affected half the image split down the middle I would have said the sensor or processor, but as it is a quarter of the image I think it could well be the card. Do the obvious things, clean the contacts, make sure it is formatted in the camera, and keep an eye on the DNG/JPEG combinations when it happens just to see if there is a link. If the card is more than three or four years old get a new one.

Steve

R

roch

Some sd card are not compatible with some leica program, make sure you have the latest
firmware version or try a new sd card.

B

Bettcherphoto

Camera is headed to Leica for a thorough check and repair. Ugh!

B

Bettcherphoto

Just got my M9 back from Leica USA. Complete CCD/circuit board replacement along with replacement black vulcanite. I'll keep the thread updated on the long term durability of the repair. Hats off to Carmen at Leica USA repair! Thanks for helping a pro out of a bind!