The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Odd find -- Leica S1 on craigslist

Stuart Richardson

I just thought this was a pretty interesting find -- a Leica S1 on Craigslist in Vermont. It is 6000 bucks with a 100mm f/2.8 APO macro elmarit R. Not bad at all for 75 megapixels! I am not affiliated with this in any way, I just thought it was interesting. I don't even know if it is legit (but have no reason to doubt it...Vermonters are generally good folk -- I went to college up there).

http://burlington.craigslist.org/bfs/844376362.html

gero

Suart, that is all I need for the R lenses: 75mp, $6,000.00. I like the ergonomics also. If someone could put the Maestro chip and a battery??? and that price includes the Lens.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

It is a scanner so I don't like it but the idea is what I would want.

http://www.fotomoto.de/reprobit/S1_Produktinformation.pdf

you could put any lens in it.

why couldn't they do that with the s2?
They can't because there is a mirror box which covers the entire sensor frame. The dimensions of that mirror will not allow for a registry of 47.5mm (Nikon F).

BTW, one of these S1 sold for a few hundred Euros (I think <400) from the Netherlands, a few months ago. I saw it but did not buy it because it would have forced me to buy an antiquated computer and accessories to make use of it.

Whoever listed this on craig's list for $6,000, now, is quite clever.

Stuart Richardson

It still seems like a good deal in a way -- the 100mm f/2.8 APO and Elpro are probably around 2500 alone, so the S1 is 3500 or so. That's not bad for a scan back that takes R lenses. If you did a lot of repro work, it might be worth it...certainly a lot cheaper than most other alternatives. The only caveat is the software....does it still run on modern computers? It is silverfast, so that is probably a benefit....less than 400 euros and I would have bought it just for the hell of it!