The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh Joy, a new old Leica lens...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Helen Hill made me do it....

I just got a very nice 35/3.5 Summaron in LTM mount. Why LTM so with an adapter I can use it on all my M's and the IIIG....

Should have it in hand by Monday or Tueday. B&H still has one in M-mount.

Last edited:

johnastovall

It is good to be under the Spell of Light and Glass once more. I'm slowly finding my way back to the way of light and beauty.

[FONT=Courier,sans-serif]In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk
Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk
living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty

-- Anon. (Navajo)[/FONT]

johnastovall

I wanted the older 3.5 and you can put an E39 on it with a SOOGZ. Some times "Better" lenses aren't always interesting lenses...

helenhill

Thank You Jono .....:)
So Lovely coming from YOU -
Somehow both she & the poster seem Sad & Misplaced /yet combined work Beautiful Togrether

Cheers-H

woodyspedden

It is good to be under the Spell of Light and Glass once more. I'm slowly finding my way back to the way of light and beauty.

[FONT=Courier,sans-serif]In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk
Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk
lively, may I walk
living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty

-- Anon. (Navajo)[/FONT]
Walking in the footsteps of the Ancients can lead you from darkness to light. I am thrilled you are making the journey in this fashion.

Very best of luck

Woody

By the way John, why not join us at the workshop in Arches in January? Winter there is spectacularly beautiful and you are surrounded by Navajolands. You could spend a few days before or after the workshop in Monument Valley, Page (Antelope Canyons) etc where the winds speak. And you would be surrounded by what will become good friends who will walk with you.

Best of luck to you sir!

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree Woody , John you may love this workshop . Lot to learn and many M8 shooters onboard as well. I will also have access to getting some Leica demo's as well of lenses and bodies that folks may want to try.

johnastovall

I'm saving my pennies for Paris in February. Looking at Navajo land in May when their schools are out. I have friend who teaches there and lives in Shonto.

Last edited:

helenhill

Wow this lens gives astonishing results given its age. Can't wait to see you when I'm back in NY. Seems like you have accumulated a whole bag of goodies.
Lovely Terry...Thought of a FUN place to Eat & Meet
'Tea & Sympathy" 108 Greenwich Ave /off 12th Street
Traditional English (Good Though mot the bad mushy English)
and DIVINE Desserts!!

Best-H

cam

hey, now! you guys get to see what i have to live with on a daily basis :eek:

i mean, really. that crap about selling an M8.2 and going on holiday.... if that Leica was not put into my hot little hands immediately, he would be guaranteed a holiday six feet under!

seriously, i do have to be careful what i say here now as he has adopted you all. thank you for not strangling him yet (tempting though it may be).

i do hope John will come play with me -- and an open invitation to one and all! as you can see, i have to keep my Leica/RF enthusiasm down around the house....

(speaking of which, Cindy, i sooooooo regret not umping on your 75mm Summilux. OMG!!! what an effing gorgeous lens!)

jonoslack

Hi Cam
Great to see you back

hey, now! you guys get to see what i have to live with on a daily basis :eek:

i mean, really. that crap about selling an M8.2 and going on holiday.... if that Leica was not put into my hot little hands immediately, he would be guaranteed a holiday six feet under!

seriously, i do have to be careful what i say here now as he has adopted you all. thank you for not strangling him yet (tempting though it may be).
Difficult at this range, but I've been doing my best
:ROTFL:
i do hope John will come play with me -- and an open invitation to one and all! as you can see, i have to keep my Leica/RF enthusiasm down around the house....
Hah! Be careful what you wish for, we're only a short trip across the pond, and we'll be driving around your ringroad on Saturday night!

Dinner for 4 at 2am on Sunday?

Great we'll see you then!