The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NJ service Good news

TimWright

After my camera failed last thursday from the 2.0 firmware update I took it to my dealer here in Montreal. He shipped it out to Leica NJ last friday. I just called them to see what the status was on the camera. I expected to here that it had to go to germany or that they hadn't looked at it yet. Instead I found out that ehy had replaced some boards, adjusted a bunch of stuff and it was on its way back to me. I think that is pretty good service. Camtec Photo here in Montreal was great as well expediteing the shipment across the border for me.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Awesome news Tim! The thing that worries me is the "they adjusted a bunch of stuff" comment. I have heard too many horror stories of cameras sent in for problem X that had perfect focus, then coming back with X fixed but being all out of whack on focus, then needing several trips back and forth to Leica to get to where they were before they went in. Please advise as soon as you get yours back, hopefully NJ has its act together again!

TimWright

I have read other threads where something similar has happened. I think to change these boards they have to disassemble alot of the camera and so have to adjust everything after assembleing. I am leaving on a 1 week trip to northern Maine at the end of next week so hopefully I will be able to give it a good workout then.

TimWright

Actually even better news, dealer just called and they have received my camera. I dropped it off last friday and it had to do the whole boarder crossing thing both ways and it is back 1 week later. Not bad.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That is astoundingly good news.
Seems to be a turn-around in NJ.
-bob

Last edited:

gfspencer

That is great news! :thumbup: Unfortunately, I just e-mailed NJ about coding lenses. They said the turn around time was six weeks. Darn. :( Looks like coding lenses would be easy to do.

That is great news! :thumbup: Unfortunately, I just e-mailed NJ about coding lenses. They said the turn around time was six weeks. Darn. :( Looks like coding lenses would be easy to do.
Were you asking about a specific lens or several? I ask because way back when I got my older lenses coded by NJ, they were able to do certain ones very quickly and another took several weeks. As it turned out, they were waiting on coded lens flanges to be shipped in from Germany for certain lenses (90 AA in my case).

Mark