The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Zeis 85/2.0 ZM users here?

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Armando...you know that this is a "must have" lens in the Zeiss line up...LOL...actually, for me, the must have lens is the 50 C-Sonnar, followed by this one...but the cost is high....Leica high

bcm

Gents what filter size does this lens use? I bought one second hand and have read that it uses 55mm filters everywhere on the net. However I just purchased a 55mm circular polariser and it doesn't fit...

Double Negative

Not Available
If dealers still sell them, they're NOS; Zeiss discontinued this lens some time ago. AFAIK they were only available in black.

bcm

Not a particularly special expression from my son, but I like the isolation of his face from the water. Shot on a NEX 7 not a Leica though.

ashwinrao1

Fantastic capture, bcm....were you shooting from the diving board? Great image!!! I'll have to throw mine on the NEX-7 too...

bcm

Thank you for the kind words.

I was actually standing on top of the edge of an above ground spa. At f2.8 I got a lot of partially in focus shots even with focus magnification because he refuses to accept his role in life as my model and stay still!

ashwinrao1

I'm considering selling mine (boxed, all packaging), nearly mint, with UV filter, caps, etc...if anyone out there is interested and reading this thread. PM me if you have interest. I'd only want to ship within the Continental US, by the way...

FYI, I just listed it on Buy-Sell