The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Zeis 85/2.0 ZM users here?

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Michael! Yeah, tough choice. I have 3 effective 90's at the moment, and it's a challenge to find time to use all of them. The 90 APO-cron has my preferred look for the widest range of photography, though the Zeiss is better for portraits by a mile, due to its gentler rendering. However, it's a big investment, and after using it extensively for the past 4-5 months, I have had a good feel enough to believe that I don't need it. Time to recoup my initial investment, LOL.

Best,
Ashwin

bcm

I had a guy who lives on the east coast of Australia PM to offer to buy mine anytime I wanted to sell Ashwin. I've let him know you're selling. Perhaps he can change your mind about ConUS only....

edwardkaraa

Latest update: My Zeiss dealer in Germany contacted me today to inform me that Zeiss has dropped the plan to produce a new batch of the Sonnar.

Ashwin, if you didn't sell your lens yet, you can double the price :D

ashwinrao1

Latest update: My Zeiss dealer in Germany contacted me today to inform me that Zeiss has dropped the plan to produce a new batch of the Sonnar.

Ashwin, if you didn't sell your lens yet, you can double the price :D
LOL. Thanks, Edward. It has not yet sold...I am tempted to hold on to it, given that it's a revelation of a lens, and I have sold all other M-mount 90's but My APO-Cron

ashwinrao1

Lens is back up for sale here at GetDPI, with images, for anyone who's still looking. Keep in mind that this is one of Zeiss' most rare production runs, given that it was only produced for 2 years in limited quantities, with no plans to resume production. Legendary IQ...I just need the $ to fund my bed still LOL...

Best,
Ashwin