The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Misty Black & Whites

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

There was an unusual amount of mist from the river this morning that made the city seem very quiet and lonely. Here are a few shots. Your opinions are always welcome. All shots were taken with a 35 summicron ASPH and M8.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice . Looks like it could be some ones happy place. Nice and peaceful. Certainly days we all yearn for that feeling.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wonderful Ed! My favorite is the ship at anchor, but there's a great moodiness to all of them. Well done.

Best,
Tim

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. It is very much appreciated, as is the ability to be able to share these with you so extra thanks to Jack and Guy for provding us the forum.

ElvisKennedy

Lovely.

The 35 cron doesn't get a lot of press like the 28 cron or the 50 lux, but it's the single reason I have an M8. Your pictures highlight it's strengths.

ecliffordsmith

Bebert/Erik/Mike,

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Elvis,

Thank you, and welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean about the 35 cron. I find the FOV perfect for almost all of my photography and the space you get around the frame in the M8 viewfinder is, in my opinion the optimal one regarding the ratio of space/frame size.

And this is before you look at the phenonomal amount of detail this compact lens digs up.