The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M lens correction in LR4

douglasf13

thanks douglas. i think the image i am working with is a tiff since i exported a raw to silver effects.
i will check.

btw. wouldn't it be a good idea to have lens correction at the top of develop module as especially with wide angle lenses, i would think that this would be the first thing to do in post.

thanks for the help.
Sure thing. TIFF and jpegs won't call up all lens corrections. Only raws. Granted, I did see a thread in the past that showed how to go in and change a few things in the lens correction code that allowed jpeg correction for some Sony lens, so you may be able to find a way to hack it for jpeg/tiff use. I tried it with Sony a couple of years ago, and it was easy and worked well. Unfortunately, I no longer have the link for those instructions, so you'll have to google around for it.

I prefer Lightroom's method of keeping the modules that are adjusted most often, like WB, exposure and tone curve, at the top.

gooomz

is there a setting to apply lens correction for various lens automatically upon import?

is there a reason "not" to lens correct?

applying lens correction just seems like something that would be done all the time.

algrove

I prefer Lightroom's method of keeping the modules that are adjusted most often, like WB, exposure and tone curve, at the top.
I do also and there are good reasons for the order as explained in LL LR4 tutorial videos. Excellent and well spent money BTW.