The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10 to be Announced?

Agnius

Maybe Leica will make batteryless digital rangefinder? I wonder if a film wind lever could generate enough power to power the camera?

B&W only? I doubt it, and I would not buy it. I like color! Go M10!

P.S. I might pick up an "obsolete" M9 soon. Prices are already going down...

retow

Leica Rumors is also reporting that the black and white-only camera has no LCD, so I don't know how much credence I lend to the rumor. Such a camera could, like Russell's Teapot, exist, but I doubt it, and I doubt even more that it would be the M10. ;)

edit:
But a lot of people are clamoring for a camera without an LCD screen, so who knows?
Might it be called M7P?:grin:

Paratom

I dont believe that a b&W digital M would be the successor to the M9.
If there would be a b&w camera than I would imageine that it is an additional camera.
I am sure there is a demand for b&w cameras, but I also would guess most people want to be able to do both b&w and color (like me).

But then if it is a b&w only sensor this could mean to get something like medium format resolution in a small m body. Amazing, isnt it?

I will just wait and see, and in the end I will probably WANT it whatever it turns out to be ;)

V

Vivek

He was being funny I guess. Its April fools day. Because Leica is not going to release B&W only sensor camera.
I understood that. How could one be certain that they would not was my question.

Shashin

Leica photographers making jokes about Leica. We are heading into dangerous territory.

It is like the panoramic photographer that left everyone in stitches.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I can hardly wait for the first FS post at an outrageous sum for an M10 delivery position before the damn things are released.
-bob

maybe I ought to post a WTB? :ROTFL:

Agnius

Hey, whatever Leica is announcing, it will probably not be available for documenting my summer travels. Maybe I should pick up something from Japanese vendors? Oh wait, I already have a GXR-M system ;)

There is always another year. And with the speed Leica has been making their gear, it will probably be next year till it is available.

kweide

They will announce their new camera line which is below the M9. Adressing the smaller wallet. Something like the new Fuji X Pro 1. APS Sensor and Leica M mount....

pophoto

Sounds like Leica.

So in order to offer a cheaper and more affordable camera, they will now do away with a LCD screen and offer a B&W sensor only. I guess if they offer an even lower line of cameras, how about foregoing the shutter release and viewfinder altogether! :p

250swb

Does anybody seriously think Leica have exhausted the number of M9, M9-P and specials editions yet? The need to milk the cow, not introduce an M10. So a black and white body with no LCD, special black paint that rubs off easily, and at a premium price over an M9-P, it all fits the modus opernadi.

The date of the '10th' is a total coincidence and it is the announcement of the EVIL camera, a camera that Leica desperately need to release soon if they aren't going to be left further behind.

Steve