The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10 to be Announced?

D&A

Well, it's fun to speculate what will be announced on May 10th. Here's my guess

1. A M9 B&W (monochrome) body. It will have M9 in the name (and possibly nameplate) and either come bundled with Nik software.....possibly a version specific for this camera or incorporated as part of in-camera menu options. Some other big questions are whether any modifications and changes (other than the sensor/firmware) are introduced with this body, such as no rear LCD and/or optional EVF or some other feature that sort of points to it's use in a future M10. My guess is it will simply be a M9 B&W (with Nik associated involvement) with maybe one interesting change or option. If I had to guess on price...thats a tough one, but think they will go no higher than the current M9 price.

2. Leica X2

3. One lens...possibly what many have suspected, a 50mm Summicrom asph.

Dave (D&A)

KeithL

Well, it's fun to speculate what will be announced on May 10th. Here's my guess

1. A M9 B&W (monochrome) body. It will have M9 in the name (and possibly nameplate) and either come bundled with Nik software.....possibly a version specific for this camera or incorporated as part of in-camera menu options. Some other big questions are whether any modifications and changes (other than the sensor/firmware) are introduced with this body, such as no rear LCD and/or optional EVF or some other feature that sort of points to it's use in a future M10. My guess is it will simply be a M9 B&W (with Nik associated involvement) with maybe one interesting change or option. If I had to guess on price...thats a tough one, but think they will go no higher than the current M9 price.

2. Leica X2

3. One lens...possibly what many have suspected, a 50mm Summicrom asph.

Dave (D&A)
I hope you're right, it'll save me a shed load of money.

D&A

But if he is right . . . .it'll only be until Photokina!
Jono, you beat me too it....and here I was going to suggest that maybe Keith could send me 50% of the money Isensed up saving him,,,,darn! :). Ok, time for a new prediction....Leica wants to be different and will announce nothing new at Photokina (fat chance) LOL!

Dave (D&A)