The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LTM Adapters affect focus?

I'm using a CV 35 Ultron on a Minolta CLE and a NEX-7. I see that it's not hitting the infinity mark on the NEX unless I unthread it a bit from the adapter. Will this affect the image on the M body? I was thinking of shimming it so it hits infinity at infinity - good idea?

thanks.

V

Vivek

If you plan on using the lenses on the RF cam, do NOT shim the lens. If there is a problem with the lens, get it fixed by someone who knows how to do it properly.

OTOH, it is easy the shim the NEX to M adapter (not LTM as you say- I just realized that) because it is live view.

Brian S

Adapters must be the correct thickness for the RF, distance scale, and actual focus to all agree. If the adapter is the wrong thickness, it will affect the RF agreement and actual focus for lenses other than 50mm.

The Voigtlander adapters and Leica adapters tend to be within specifications, I have seen several Chinese adapters that are not to spec.

V

Vivek

Brian, It appears there is no LTM adapter involved at all.

What Ken vs ruy is talking about is how his M mount lenses fit on his NEX to M adapter!

Adapters must be the correct thickness for the RF, distance scale, and actual focus to all agree. If the adapter is the wrong thickness, it will affect the RF agreement and actual focus for lenses other than 50mm.

The Voigtlander adapters and Leica adapters tend to be within specifications, I have seen several Chinese adapters that are not to spec.
The 35 ultron with the voigt 35/135 adapter worked well on the cle but it did not trigger the 40mm frame lines. I'll try the leica 50/75 adapter.

Brian S

Brian, It appears there is no LTM adapter involved at all.

What Ken vs ruy is talking about is how his M mount lenses fit on his NEX to M adapter!
The Ultron is an LTM lens, and the Rokkor is M-mount. I assumed the OP was putting an LTM-M adapter on the Ultron, and then use with an M-Mount to NEX adapter. I use a similar setup with u43. Works better with some lenses rather than the 39mm to u43.