The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which new Leica product would you buy?

Which one would you buy if it becomes true?

• Mirrorless Leica

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • M10 (whatever this will be exactly)

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • digital b&w Leica M

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Paratom

Since May 10 is coming and there are speculation about what it could eventually be (mirrorless, or M10, or a b&W Leica) - which product would you probably buy if it becomes true?

Paratom

ok, Leica M also doesnt have a mirror. With mirrorless I meant more something like m4/3 or Nex or Pentax K01.

V

Vivek

I took it that way, Tom. :)

Mirrorless here = Electronic live view (lest some say the RF OVF has "live view" :D)

fotografz

You forgot "None of the above" in your poll. :eek:

Won't be getting a M10 (or MX?) soon because it won't be here to the end of the year ... then not available until months after that.

Won't get the new electronic wonder that also takes R lenses because I don't have any R lenses, and I'll wait a year to see how the electronics work out.

Won't get the B&W camera IF it doesn't have an LCD as rumored :thumbdown:

Finally got a brand new 50/1.4 ASPH without paying 5K for a used one. Remaining cash stashed as a trust fund for the S24mm and next FF M body with a real rangefinder. Leica will get my $, but they'll have to wait for it :cool:

-Marc

iiiNelson

B&W only camera doesn't interest me if it'll cost as muchas a color M and even less if it doesn't have ANY "convenience" features. Mirrorless or the R solution could be interesting and even more so if it was FF or 1.3x crop factor like the M8 was. M10 is a given in my mind but I think I will hold out for the M10-P this time around.

Brian S

My Digital Monochrome camera is getting fairly old...

I would like to see a Monochrome Digital offered in the Leica line-up.

4season

Every now and then the fever breaks and one of us comes to and says: I just took a wrong turn somewhere, that's all. I'd like to go home now, please. And off they go.

-Art Dudley, Stereophile magazine, February 2012
New M-camera: Barring a new emphasis on "value" pricing, I think this is where I get off. Loved the M8, enjoyed the M9 (but never felt totally comfortable paying those kinds of prices). No particular interest in a monochrome-only system.

New as-yet-unnamed system: Depends on What and How Much.

Paratom

I was all set to vote for the R10....... :deadhorse:
Since I do not know whatreally comes - maybe it is an R10.
My offered choices are pure speculation and Leica could present something totally different eventually. Who knows.

KeithL

If the M10 has the means to check critical focus and framing pre-capture I'll probably bite. The mirrorless (not M) offering would probably need to be full frame to interest me but never say never. My hope is that they'll announce both at the same time so that I'll know my options.

I'm still keeping an eye on the X-Pro1 but have been disappointed in what I've seen so far from the 18mm lens. Wides are vital for my work, I'll be very interested so see how M fit wide lenses perform on the Fuji.

jonoslack

You forgot "None of the above" in your poll. :eek:
He also forgot "All of the above" and "Two of the above" which is more to the point in my case.

I'm still blow away by the notion of no LCD. That rumor I just clearly can't get my mind around.
I agree with Marc and Terry though. I wouldn't be interested in a B&W camera without an LCD. I can shoot film if I don't want feedback.

Terry

I'm still blow away by the notion of no LCD. That rumor I just clearly can't get my mind around.

doug

Hard to say what I'd buy before seeing what it does and how well it works for me. However I'm with Gary, my first choice would be R10.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well, whatever has reasonably available lenses with a closed-loop focus assist system might be considered, other than that I would need to study the specs and handle one before making a commitment comment.
So where is the none of the above choice?
-bob

V

Vivek

I think the monochrome liveview cam is going to be a rebadged Lumix G5 with the regular Lumix G5 offered as a color version.

Paratom

I think a b/w only camera would allready be brave, a b/w camera without an LCD would be very brave.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Jono, since you seem to have been able to quote Terry before she made her statement, I nominate you as our seer to tell us what Leica is set to release!

From my perspective, I will probably sit this one out. I love the M9, and this year I sold a huge proportion of everything else I had for the S2, and between the two, I cannot really think how they are holding me back in my photography in any way. But you never know, they seem to have convinced me to part with a lot of my money in the past...