The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 Review

Godfrey

i need to become a lot wealthier so i can enjoy these choice bits of Leica gear...

nice review. i'm delightedly happy with what i have so i'm not pillaging the bank account any time soon ..

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks a lot, guys! :)

A few updates - some minor corrections, additional information on focusing and a video that features primarily a Noctilux being assembled at Leica Camera.

Paul Jameson

Great review.

I would recommend the Noctilux as an only lens. I have it, plus a 35 Lux FLE and a 75 Lux and the Noct may as well be welded on I use it that much. Size is really of no concern to me. Once you've had a it a while the fear of using such an expensive lens disappears.

Only wish is that it would focus as close as my Canon 50 1.2L

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks, Paul. :)

I agree, the size/weight isn't a huge concern for me either - I'm used to a Canon 1D and L lenses after all. The RF crowd though? Generally smaller (and lighter) is more the norm.

I too wish it focused closer. The 50L, indeed... Love that lens.