The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M 10 revealed

fotografz

While you were goofing around with wood mock-ups ... I've sneaked a few minutes with the real thing that a friend is beta testing ... he signed a NDA, but I didn't.

Leica MX, 28 meg FF CMOS sensor technology specially developed for Leica by Dalsa (Yes, Dalsa also makes CMOS sensors). Skin tones are the best out of the camera than from any 35mm camera I've ever used. Simply stunning. New generation Maestro-X processor incorporated that's fast as hell ... I racked off as many shots as I could in the time I had and never hit the buffer limit. The shutter is absolutely silent, at first I thought it wasn't working right or something.

Optical rangefinder is retained but uses the M9 Titanium type frame lines. Optical diopter correction now incorporated. Live view on a 3.5" retina display sapphire LCD with pinch zoom and flip review. Fewer buttons as many functions are LCD tap activated from a simple iPhone type color coded menu. User can select which functions are visible and which are hidden to customize/simplify your shooting preferences. While there isn't focus confirmation in the rangefinder window ... there is a red focus point that appears on the LCD to show exactly where the point of critical focus is (some sort of computerized contrast detection in the firmware?) This detection is real time, so as you focus, it changes.

Weather sealed new solid "Black Bird" aircraft type solid black titanium body, no more brassing. (Sorry, I do not know if a chrome version will be available). Camera is a bit more rounded and slightly smaller/thiner than the M9. No red dot except on the LCD during start-up which is now less than 1 second. Access to the SD slots and battery is still from the bottom, and the battery is the same size as the M9, but new ones that come with the MX provide 70% more capacity and will be useable in the M9. New compact 2 sided dual charger will come with the camera.

Best 35mm camera I've ever held.

We are guessing the price at $8,000 +

-Marc

jlm

Workshop Member
looks like all the hoopla on the Nikon will be fast eclipsed.

MX (so ...Roman) sound great

MikalWGrass

If this is true, I hope the guys on this site who have to have the latest and greatest will sell their "aging" M9s. My guess is that they won't sell it for a song as they will need as much money as possible to finance the 10.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Marc,

Well done! If you're making this up, it's brilliant. If you're not, then I'm getting one and saving a lot of money by not going MF. Win win.

In either event, thank you,

Matt

V

Vivek

While you were goofing around with wood mock-ups ... I've sneaked a few minutes with the real thing that a friend is beta testing ... he signed a NDA, but I didn't.

Leica MX, 28 meg FF CMOS sensor technology specially developed for Leica by Dalsa (Yes, Dalsa also makes CMOS sensors). Skin tones are the best out of the camera than from any 35mm camera I've ever used. Simply stunning. New generation Maestro-X processor incorporated that's fast as hell ... I racked off as many shots as I could in the time I had and never hit the buffer limit. The shutter is absolutely silent, at first I thought it wasn't working right or something.

Optical rangefinder is retained but uses the M9 Titanium type frame lines. Optical diopter correction now incorporated. Live view on a 3.5" retina display sapphire LCD with pinch zoom and flip review. Fewer buttons as many functions are LCD tap activated from a simple iPhone type color coded menu. User can select which functions are visible and which are hidden to customize/simplify your shooting preferences. While there isn't focus confirmation in the rangefinder window ... there is a red focus point that appears on the LCD to show exactly where the point of critical focus is (some sort of computerized contrast detection in the firmware?) This detection is real time, so as you focus, it changes.

Weather sealed new solid "Black Bird" aircraft type solid black titanium body, no more brassing. (Sorry, I do not know if a chrome version will be available). Camera is a bit more rounded and slightly smaller/thiner than the M9. No red dot except on the LCD during start-up which is now less than 1 second. Access to the SD slots and battery is still from the bottom, and the battery is the same size as the M9, but new ones that come with the MX provide 70% more capacity and will be useable in the M9. New compact 2 sided dual charger will come with the camera.

Best 35mm camera I've ever held.

We are guessing the price at $8,000 +

-Marc
Cheap for a compact FF camera with live view!

Double Negative

Not Available
LOL, that would be cool. It was almost believable until you got to the weathersealed "black titanium" part... :p

Nevertheless, like I said - that would be a bad-*** shooter. $8k? Yeah, double that. :)

aboudd

Goofing around, Marc? An unkind cut. Marc, you seem to not appreciate the work it took to meld 70,000 toothpicks into a workable wood paste and wrap the carbon fiber frame. Do you think staining is easy? You should see my fingernails - yech! More to the point, I'll match my M10 with MX for IQ superiority. It's a throw down Marc - are you up for it?