The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

selling m9 or upgrade to m9p to sell

dseelig

selling m9 or upgrade to m9p to sell. l My gray m9 looks not so great I am thinking of selling for around 4500 it is low shutter under 7000 but lots of wear and straches on the lcd I can get the upgrade at a discount long story but can do it at 1600 should I or just try to sell for 4500 or upgraded for 6100 thoughts? thanks davidPS the camera is out of warranty

250swb

Your M9 will come back from M9-P conversion with another years warranty and like new in all other respects. You may find you can get a quicker sale that way (or a slight premium) and if you also add the old top and bottom plates in as a package as a bonus for the buyer (you have to ask Leica to send them back).

Steve

Brian S

Try putting it up for $4500 before going through the upgrade. If it does not sell, you can always upgrade, get the warranty, and try again.

$4500 is easier to come across than $6100.

A thoroughly used M9 just sold for $4300 in the classifieds.

wattsy

It seems to be a buyer's market at the moment (not surprising with quite a lot of M9 and M9P bodies appearing for sale in the various forums in advance of the May 10th announcement). I'm not sure you'd get back the extra $1600 by going the 'upgrade before sale' route and agree with Brian that it might be easier to just sell 'as is' at the lower price.

SYGTAFOTO

I was also thinking of selling my M9, but not in anticipation of the M10.
The current market price is getting to a point where I might as well just keep it. Those that are planning to buy M10 (I'm not one of them), whatever it may end up being, are discounting their M9 to a point where it makes sense for me to just keep it instead and use it until it eventually dies. Most of the things I want improved are cosmetics anyway. Now, I would have liked better high ISO performance with CCD sensor, but oh well.

magosak

selling m9 or upgrade to m9p to sell. l My gray m9 looks not so great I am thinking of selling for around 4500 it is low shutter under 7000 but lots of wear and straches on the lcd I can get the upgrade at a discount long story but can do it at 1600 should I or just try to sell for 4500 or upgraded for 6100 thoughts? thanks davidPS the camera is out of warranty
It makes more sense to sell it without the upgrade. Almost new M9-Ps are selling for $6000 and yours will always carry the the label that it was an upgrade!