The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need advice for UV/IR & 35 Nokton 1.2

HenryFool

Hi I need some advice, I'm waiting on a 35mm Nokton 1.2 (52mm filter thread I believe). I still haven't claimed my free M8 filters so I went online to do that, and I found that there is no 52mm Leica UV/IR filters.

I need a 39mm filter anyway so I'm getting one of those, but whats the best solution for the Nokton 1.2? a 55m filter and a step up ring maybe? would the hood still fit though? or should I just get a third party 52mm uv/ir and sell the second Leica filter - whats the most common size?

SYGTAFOTO

Get Leica 46mm uv/ir filter. It is one of the most common size. You will likely need one in the future. You can get a B&W 52mm uv/ir for the nokton.

Brian S

I use a Tiffen 52mm "Standard Hot Mirror Filter" with mine, and have used these filters for almost 20 years. They were made for the original Kodak DCS series cameras which also suffered from IR bleed through. These are professional grade filters, and often fly under the RADAR screen for IR cut filters. I picked up a couple for my M8 at $20 each.

Last edited: