The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Great DAG service

VINCET

Sent a lens for Don to 6-bit code, not only did he charge half what Leica is charging ($125 vs $255), he got it done in 2 weeks and even did a minor calibration. That is great service.

ramosa

Ditto. I recently sent two lenses to DAG--one for 6-bit coding and one for tightening of a loose retaining ring. He charged the same price as above for the 6-bit coding ($125) and did the tightening at no cost. DAG was very professional and completed the repairs quickly. Two thumbs up!

I have also had excellent service with DAG - he machined a metal 39mm screw in lens shade for me to use on a Leica 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit; machined it down so it would not vignette. Prompt, friendly service at a very fair price. Highly recommend DAG!

Mark Weidman

onesixeight

Just sent two lenses to Don to have 6-bit coded and have the focus check. Everything was completed in a week. Very pleased with the quick turnaround time. Plus he responds promptly to e-mails...even replying to me at midnight!

I would highly recommend DAG & Don for any Leica repair and maintenance.

quadtones

Don has been great, with good communication, excellent work, promptness and very reasonable prices. While I hope I manage to not ding another lens, bend a filter ring, knock a lens out of adjustment [i do really use the stuff, am not careless, but they're tools, not jewelry], I can't recommend him enough.