The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rumor has it...

georgl

There is one difference: Leica has significant actual productions costs involved in these lenses, the grinding of one aspherical element takes up to 8h! I don't think there were significant price increases in past lens revisions unless the design itself was significantly more complex.

Brian S

The May 1976 Pop Photo has a test of 32 "Normal Lenses", a good resource for picking up classic glass for mirrorless cameras.

At F2, the Summilux of the day was slightly better than the Summicron for the center third of the image. 2/3rds out, far edge- Summicron was the best of the pack. The Summilux also had more barrel distortion. And that was the 1970s Summicron, 6 elements in 5 groups.

Among other stand-out lenses, the Konica Hexanon 50/1.7.

sirimiri

An updated 90mm with a floating element for close focus portraits would be nice :)
Or, a 135mm that's truly an apochromat lens, fore to back.

Araakii

Well, maybe Leica should give the the Apple concept a good look.

"Improved performance at the same price point as the previous model"

While Leica may have trouble relating to the concept, it is the mantra of the most successful manufacturer in the world, and a "BRAND" with an exceptional cache :cool:
And outsource all production to China and pay dirt cheap wages?

monza

Well, I certainly don't need a 'better' Summicron for the price they are going to put on this thing... :)

V

Vivek

Has it always been about the "need" for the Leica market? I would want one, certainly!

I am positive that this is going to be one special lens, though a bit pricey.