The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So? 5/10? no announcements?

emr

Jono's allegedly in Berlin too. Interesting to hear what's up, even though I'm not a Leica user.

fotografz

Embargo on all info until 3PM today.

I know all, but can't say on pain of death ...:)

Huge news for me is all I can say :thumbs:

See ya at 3PM!

-Marc

V

Vivek

Embargo on all info until 3PM today.

I know all, but can't say on pain of death ...:)

Huge news for me is all I can say :thumbs:

See ya at 3PM!

-Marc
Would you start that "Fun with the M9M" (yeah, I got that name right!) thread after that time? :)

jlm

Workshop Member
wow!

I used to shoot B/W because i couldn't afford color, ha!

this ought to not only be a game changer, but a unique step for Leica! Kudos!

Godfrey

Just looked up the announcements. They're about what I expected.

- M9-M ... nice but not for me. I'll stick with my M9.

- Summicron 50 APO ... gorgeous. out of my price range for a 50mm lens; i'm very happy with the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 (LTM) at one-tenth the price.

- X2 ... ok, now i might have to have one. Adding an EVF was the only thing missing far as I'm concerned. After Jan 1, 2013 ... I've already spent my photo budget for 2012. That will give me time to think about it.

I see no point to complaining about the prices. If you want Leica gear, you pay Leica prices. If you won't pay Leica prices, don't consider Leica gear. End of story.

iiiNelson

M9-M is actually interesting. I think they put a 7 in the price of the new 50 Summicron where a 3 goes. I can live without the X2. Looking forward to Photokina 2012 and the M10 before any definitive decisions are made. I'm curious to see if there will be a M9-M upgrade program as well.

V

Vivek

Just looked up the announcements. They're about what I expected.

- M9-M ... nice but not for me. I'll stick with my M9.

- Summicron 50 APO ... gorgeous. out of my price range for a 50mm lens; i'm very happy with the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 (LTM) at one-tenth the price.

- X2 ... ok, now i might have to have one. Adding an EVF was the only thing missing far as I'm concerned. After Jan 1, 2013 ... I've already spent my photo budget for 2012. That will give me time to think about it.

I see no point to complaining about the prices. If you want Leica gear, you pay Leica prices. If you won't pay Leica prices, don't consider Leica gear. End of story.

In my case, definitely want that M9M and might even manage to buy one. It really is exciting despite the fact that it is a monochrome sensor with the files processed like a regular M9 file.

Would love to use that AA 50/2. Unlikely to get near one ever.

X2- CMOS 16MP, sounds like Sony's 16MP gets around a lot. Should be a lovely camera.

I already have a dirt cheap NEX-C3 and would buy a NEX-F3 and an EVF. It is not just cost considerations but I dig interchangeable lens system cameras.

rayyan

Say what? Around $8,000 and it does what?

Now where did I keep that MP? Gotto get that freezer open too. Told ya, those bricks would come in handy someday.