The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2 x Hermes LTD editions also

D&A

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but wouldn't purchasers of either one of these two limited editions be concerned for the lack of a hot shoe? Not so much for flash, but how about use of an external finder? Then again, maybe some of those that can afford these editions, can also afford to hire someone to hold the external viewfinder just above the cameras top plate when required? :)

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but wouldn't purchasers of either one of these two limited editions be concerned for the lack of a hot shoe? Not so much for flash, but how about use of an external finder? Then again, maybe some of those that can afford these editions, can also afford to hire someone to hold the external viewfinder just above the cameras top plate when required? :)
Seems to me that the body should come only with the frame lines of the lenses in the set, and should not be able to mount any other lenses! ;>)

Double Negative

Not Available
Don't be silly. People that buy these don't use them. :p

There's also no cable release socket. ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Heck no,
the hot show and cable release socket would disturb the design.
These are cameras to be SEEN with, not for shooting.
-bob

D&A

Bob, Guess you and DN are right! Silly me to think they might (these cameras) do double duty as actual photographic tools...LOL!

So besides no hot shoe, there's no frame line selector lever either! Maybe all six frame lines show up simutaniously in the viewfinder (at all times), leaving one to wince through the viewfinder to catch a glimpse of of the scene? Of course not being able to see anything through such a cluttered viewfinder is OK, it's just for curisoity, since no images are ever going to be recorded. What will Leica think of next?

Dave (D&A)

Double Negative

Not Available
Hehehe. :D

The preview lever is gone, but the internal switching according to lens is still there. So it's a cleaner look, but you lose the ability to quickly diddle the lever to see framing for another lens. Some never use this anyway, but IMO it's one of the nice features of RFs.

Clearly, a case of form over function.