Site Sponsors

Thread: 2 x Hermes LTD editions also

Post Thanks / Like

2 x Hermes LTD editions also

NEW LEICA LIMITED EDITIONS: LEICA M9-P

40,000 Euro for the one with the 3 lens set ( noctilux included)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 x Hermes LTD editions also

I still want the Hermes MP, haha.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

I always liked the orange M7 Hermes. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but wouldn't purchasers of either one of these two limited editions be concerned for the lack of a hot shoe? Not so much for flash, but how about use of an external finder? Then again, maybe some of those that can afford these editions, can also afford to hire someone to hold the external viewfinder just above the cameras top plate when required?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, but wouldn't purchasers of either one of these two limited editions be concerned for the lack of a hot shoe? Not so much for flash, but how about use of an external finder? Then again, maybe some of those that can afford these editions, can also afford to hire someone to hold the external viewfinder just above the cameras top plate when required?
    Seems to me that the body should come only with the frame lines of the lenses in the set, and should not be able to mount any other lenses! ;>)

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be silly. People that buy these don't use them.

There's also no cable release socket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Heck no,
    the hot show and cable release socket would disturb the design.
    These are cameras to be SEEN with, not for shooting.
    -bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, Guess you and DN are right! Silly me to think they might (these cameras) do double duty as actual photographic tools...LOL!

So besides no hot shoe, there's no frame line selector lever either! Maybe all six frame lines show up simutaniously in the viewfinder (at all times), leaving one to wince through the viewfinder to catch a glimpse of of the scene? Of course not being able to see anything through such a cluttered viewfinder is OK, it's just for curisoity, since no images are ever going to be recorded. What will Leica think of next?

Dave (D&A)

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe.

The preview lever is gone, but the internal switching according to lens is still there. So it's a cleaner look, but you lose the ability to quickly diddle the lever to see framing for another lens. Some never use this anyway, but IMO it's one of the nice features of RFs.

Clearly, a case of form over function.