The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M10

Vlad

$50 that the new M10 will have the same sh*ttastic 230k dot LCD on the back.

Discuss. :watch:

P.S. Call me silly, but had the M9M come with an upgraded UI, I would have ordered two. Because it's the same 6 year old tech, I am passing. :loco: :facesmack:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Because it's the same 6 year old tech, I am passing. :loco: :facesmack:
Nah... it's not 6 year old tech. Some of it is even 99 years old. You can always hope for an anniversary version next year, made from strontium found on the dark side of Mars and with a higher resolution, 3D display that reads your mind and takes your photos for you.

But somehow, I doubt it.

Godfrey

$50 that the new M10 will have the same sh*ttastic 230k dot LCD on the back.

Discuss.

P.S. Call me silly, but had the M9M come with an upgraded UI, I would have ordered two. Because it's the same 6 year old tech, I am passing.
Some people wanted them to remove the LCD entirely. Would that have been more to your liking?

I could easily see them producing a slimmer, lighter M9.5-M like that. Remove the LCD, put all the little control widgets into a small top-mounted LCD, dispense with the JPEGs, with A mode, and with EV compensation entirely.

That would make the closest thing to my M4-2 you can get in a digital camera. I think I'd buy one then. ;-)

rayyan

People have been shooting with film Ms for decades without an LCD.

What exactly does one need a high resolution LCD for in a Leica digital M?

At high mp and using wide open f/1.4, f/0.95 maybe but on this one..I doubt it.

I might very well be wrong in this though.

but on my old M8 I use the LCD just to set up
some parameters and check the histogram. That is the only use I have for an
LCD on a digital M. I do not need big res for that.

YMMV of course.

just4fun

Without LCD, how do you set ISO, Set date and time, minimum shutter speed for A mode or so on? Its a digital camera so it need LCD, otherwise, just buy M6/7
Its there and you feel you dont need it but without it, you'll miss it.
I just wish my m9 has a better LCD