The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steve Huff on Leica

ramosa

ah, i didn't know steve was walking around the event showing off non-leica equipment. not a good idea if you expect to get in with leica. but i still like steve and his site. he sort of has "an everyman approach," which i find refreshing, as compared to some online reviewers who are a bit full of themselves.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It's fascinating to watch the evolution of many of these photography blogs. In many respects, they are an off-shoot of reality TV shows. Personal celebrity (and all of the good and bad that it brings) intersecting with the desire to build larger audience traffic.

Steve, Peter, Thorsten and Ken ... in the online photography world, we now know them by their first names. They have developed their own personal brands. Their captive audiences heed their voices, and in some instances, pay to attend their seminars so that they can feel even more like special insiders.

rayyan

....... and in some instances, pay to attend their seminars so that they can feel even more like special insiders.
Well said sir.

I had somehat similar feelings when I got my first Leica...I thought I I would be like HCB..till I realized I was not French!!