The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MM DNG files - 2 - The Girl with the Shawl

jonoslack

HI There
This is the second part of the experiment - Thank you so much for chipping in on the cormorant fisherman (which is still available for download for a day or so).

There is also a potential problem with dropbox limits - I do pay for it, so there is a larger daily limit, but please don't download the file over and over again.

If this is a success, then I'll be able to make other files available. I'm doing it through my website so that my son can amuse himself with the metrics!

You can play with the file, and then you can post your conversion on this thread.

Enjoy!

Click on the Downloads link on the top right

This is my take - I'm sure you can do better

If interest continues, I'll post a high ISO file tomorrow

all the best
Jonathan

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Jono,

This is fabulous, thank you for sharing these files.

Without them I would balk at the thought of acquiring the MM...however this has convinced me of its value to me.

Bob

Hosermage

I'm not one for pixel-peeping... but man, it's like nothing I've seen. I think it's more than 100% higher resolution! :deadhorse: j/k

After already gone through the exercise once, I've concluded that beautiful images will remain beautiful regardless of the processing, any improvement, is simply for taste.

Brian S

Thankyou for making these available, these images show that the right tool was in the right hands.

and I am happy that they convinced others of something that I learned first-hand 20 years ago.

chrism

Following Marc's example I adjusted the blacks and shadows in LR4, then used SFXP2 to add structure, some Panatomic X, a little grain and burned the edges:

View attachment 58890

I think Jono's crop was better, though.

Chris

jonoslack

Following Marc's example I adjusted the blacks and shadows in LR4, then used SFXP2 to add structure, some Panatomic X, a little grain and burned the edges:

View attachment 58890

I think Jono's crop was better, though.

Chris
Hi Chris - I think it needs a crop - definitely - I did the 'tension' crop, but of course you could also do the 'relaxed' crop the other side!

Clearly though - looking at both photos - I'm at the bland end of processing and seem to want to do the least.

all the best

D&A

Thanks once again Jono....greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to see everyones interpretation of how they envision this image should be adjusted. Here's mine.

Dave (D&A)

Brian Mosley

Again, incredible quality - if I had the cash, I'd be sorely tempted!

Thanks Jono, Leica chose well :thumbs:

edit, the file is so sharp - I had to tone down the hair and cloth... phenomenal!

Brian

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Sorry about the OT (if it would be construed as OT ;) ).

Jono, Just by making a few DNG files of yours public, I believe that you have put a few "reviewers" out of business (unintentionally, I am sure)! :)

Good job! :clap:

Armanius

Awesome variations of an awesome photo to begin with! Well done Jono and everyone else. Most fun I've ever had with looking at the same photo over and over again. The details are amazing.

ashwinrao1

Stunning work, everyone, and great on Jono for providing such flexible files...what a cool exercise! I think it may swing a bunch of folks into considering the camera...LOL...