The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA X2 OR OMD?

Godfrey

i was looking at the Leica ever ready case as well to carry the camera around in. Do you know if it can go around the neck with a strap attached?
I haven't used an eveready case in thirty or more years, didn't even look at the Leica one. ... !

Paratom

The X1's lower accessory shoe is a little trimmer looking. A black X2 minimizes the impact on the camera's lines.

However, we should spend much more time looking through the camera than looking at the camera.
How do you want to look through a camera which has no viewfinder included :deadhorse:

I like the x1 a lot and would be tempted by the x2. I am not sure though - lately I have developped a new love for 50mm fov, which I now use much more than 35mmfov.

Godfrey

pre ordered the X2!
Very tempted to do the same. I'd like to sell a couple grand worth of unneeded stuff first, though, and use that money for the X2. Just sold another lens and have a rebate check coming for insurance and paper... That's a quarter of the way!

Moonshine

Just read Steve huffs blog post and it seems like he prefers the x100 IQ! I'm amazed! I always felt that the one thing the X2 had over the x100 was the IQ. I know how people feel about the evf and ovf being built in etc etc but IQ???
Any one has a comment on this?

Godfrey

Personal taste is personal taste. I didn't like the X100 much as a camera to shoot with, never got to the point of disliking the photos it makes. It goes without saying that whatever the camera makes is just a starting point and that any of these cameras can make brilliant photos.

I still think the GXR makes better raw files for me to work with than the X100 did. I'll let you know how I think it compares to the X2 when I have one to work with.

Paratom

Just read Steve huffs blog post and it seems like he prefers the x100 IQ! I'm amazed! I always felt that the one thing the X2 had over the x100 was the IQ. I know how people feel about the evf and ovf being built in etc etc but IQ???
Any one has a comment on this?
I have the x1 and x100 and while the x100 does give great IQ I would give the edge in IQ to the x1 (in regards of color depth and overall "pop").
On the other side I find the x100 with the build in viewfinder to be my more used camera. Then the x1/x2 is smaller.
IMO both are great cameras.