The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart. I sold the 100 Macro...I'm having better luck with the Canon AF 100 macro.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
35/2.8 Elmarit-R on a Canon: focuses down to 12"...focuses out to infinity...tack sharp at both ends of the focusing range.

Last edited:

dmeckert

EPL1 + nippon kogaku 5cm f/2, wide open. cropped, but otherwise untouched raw file.

EPL1 + nippon kogaku 5cm f/2, wide open. untouched raw file.

EPL1 + Leica 90/2.8 tele-elmarit (canada) @ f/2.8. minor adjustments in LR.

jonoslack

Here are a few snaps from the 180 f2.8 APO taken with the OMD on a rainy walk this morning. (apologies if you've seen them on the 4/3 forum.

Being able to dial in the IBIS for the lens is a real winner - what is a real winner, is that if you half press the shutter the IBIS cuts in and stabilises the view in the viewfinder (really effectively). Then you can manual focus with some accuracy and fully press the shutter.
I know the Olympus doesn't have focus peaking, but with these very sharp lenses you get a kind of shimmer on the in focus areas (perhaps an increase in contrast?).

Whatever, focusing is really easy, and I was getting a good hit rate - even with moving subjects (the image of Emma with the dog was at quite a distance, and it didn't last more than a second!).

Terry

Jono - do you have the OMD set so it maintains magnified view on half press?

Also, what I noticed yesterday with the 60 macro was that stopped down the viewfinder would darken down and I would need to do a quick half press to get the meter active again to boost the live view light on the LCD/viewfinder - I guess I could try and shoot faster :).