The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica X2

Godfrey

Brother, Niece, Sister

Leica X2 @ ISO 3200

This is a quickie ... I just liked the picture enough that I wanted to offer it for others' pleasure. :)

The ISO setting was a mistake ... I'd forgotten I'd set it up that high for a test. And the image was slightly underexposed... A quick grab with little thought. I can dial down the greenish cast and improve it when I work on it from the raw ... This was processed from the JPEG in Snapseed on the iPad.

Godfrey

Studies

Thanks Jono! Another ...

Leica X2
ISO 100 @ f/3.5 @ 1/30 s

This camera is just delightful. It's a "real" Leica in feel. Simple, direct, easy to understand and use. It disappears and you concentrate on the subject. Feels so much like a lighter, smaller, more capable IIc/IIf fitted with 35mm lens and viewfinder!

enjoy!

Godfrey

Haven't had much time to process a lot of photographs or post this week, but I did put together a few snaps from our trip to the amusement park into a little video presentation... reused the same music as for my book signing, I have to find another piece with similar tone that I like. ;-)

I like the X2 even more the more I use it. :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Haven't had much time to process a lot of photographs or post this week, but I did put together a few snaps from our trip to the amusement park into a little video presentation... reused the same music as for my book signing, I have to find another piece with similar tone that I like. ;-)

I like the X2 even more the more I use it. :)
I really like it!

Peter

Godfrey

Thanks Peter!

With the X2, I've come home. The controls, the size, the quality of the images ... it just works very well for me. It finally brings back what I love about my Rollei 35S and loved about the Leica CL/40mm as well in the film camera world.

(Couldn't resist at the price ... I bought another CL body. Should be here soon. I have the perfect lens kit for it in the bevy of lenses I bought for the GXR-M, M4-2 and M9 already. Sheesh, who'da thunk I'd be re-acquiring my favorite Leica film bodies again in 2012? Still have my favorite black Rollei 35S too. :))

jonoslack

An assortment of ideas are bubbling up in the process of learning the X2 ...

This camera makes me happy.
Lovely Godfrey - lots of excellence - my favorite is the one before this one (the abstract with the line down the middle). Not sure it says much about the camera, but most enjoyable.

Who's that dodgy geezer just before the end? :p

all the best

Godfrey

Lovely Godfrey - lots of excellence - my favorite is the one before this one (the abstract with the line down the middle). Not sure it says much about the camera, but most enjoyable.

Who's that dodgy geezer just before the end?
LOL! No nasty comments about my head^^^^egg, please. ;-)

Thanks! Don't know that I want to say much about the camera, it is what it is. It is exactly what I hoped it would be, however.

I want to make the camera say what I have in mind. That's my goal now.

Godfrey

Mariachi Band

Last Saturday evening at the Mexican Restaurant for my birthday ...

Leica X2
ISO 6400 @ f/4 @ 1/25 s

Note that I had to add grain in Lightroom to get the feel I wanted. It was actually a little too clean ... !

enjoy!